E-Notary is an everyday tool for notaries that helps them acquire information from different databases for drawing up and formulating the wording of contracts, forward contracts to various registers an monitor the implementation process of contracts. Since the information system offers contract templates and all the necessary data can be requested from different registers with just a few mouse clicks, the preparation of contracts is fast and easy. As a result, the e-Notary system has increased the efficiency of notaries’ work. Last but not least, all clients can securely obtain a legally valid electronic copy of their contracts from the citizen portal free of charge (www.eesti.ee).
The e-Notary is useful because it:
- Acquires data about the parties to a transaction and the object of a transaction from other registers;
- Helps the notary to compile notarial deeds;
- Registers notarial acts;
- Helps the notary to digitally sign notarial deeds;
- Helps to calculate notary fees and state fees;
- Compiles invoices for the payment of notary fees and pre-filled payment orders for the payment of state fees;
- Sends data about transactions to other national registers;
- Stores the transaction with the related data in the digital notarial archive;
- Helps notary to register apostilles;
- Compiles notarial statistics.
In a satisfaction survey of e-Notary users, 86 % of the notaries were satisfied with the e-Notary system and 99% found it to be functional and user-friendly.
For more information download: